Sunday, September 26, 2010

Metacognition: Painting final project

The final project in painting class was painting anything that represented me. I was happy because I thought the assignment was easy. She gave us a month to prepare for this assignment, but I started two weeks before the deadline because I thought I could finish in a few days. Two weeks before the due date, I started to think about what I needed to draw. I thought it will be easy to come up with the ideas, but I realized that it was the hardest assignment I got in this class. I could not think of just one picture that represented me perfectly.
The idea that I came up with was a girl who was wearing a dress and looking at the sky. I painted the sky with a mix of colors of light and dark blue. The girl represented me because she symbolized my personality and the big issue that I had at that time. I was a junior when I painted this picture, and I had big worries about future. Since I did not know what I wanted to be when I grew up. That was the biggest concern. And the dark color of the sky showed my anxiety about my future and the light color of the sky showed that there will be a way to figure out. I finished this piece with a hurry, but it came out how I wanted it to.
 I was surprised with my idea; it fit perfectly into my junior year life.  Many people painted very cliché ideas. They just painted the things that they like, family, or friends’ face. I was so proud of myself that I painted a very unique piece, and it has a meaning behind it. If I have to paint this kind of assignment later in my life, I will make sure I get plenty of time. I regretted that I wasted two weeks that the teacher gave me. If I had used the time efficiently, the piece might have become the best painting I ever painted.   

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see that picture. I was your classmate last year and I want to see that picture and compare-and-contrast that picture to the Julie that I met last year. It is funny that you have wasted two weeks for that project. But I bet that a lot of ideas came into your head during that two weeks of RELAXATION... kidding. Isn't it nice that we are almost there?

    ReplyDelete