Monday, September 20, 2010

Best of Week: Temple Grandin

The video about Temple Grandin was very inspiring to me. She has autism, but she influenced the world. Half the cattle in the U.S and Canada are handled in equipment that she has designed for meat plants. The one of the reason why she could have done this was she has a special skill. She has visual thinking that majority of people do not have. When she thinks, she is thinking in pictures. This video made me think deeply about autistic people. When people look at them, they do not act like a normal people. They look anxious, cannot stay in calm, and they cannot focus. However, I realized that this is not always true. Some autistic people are much smarter than regular people. They just look different because their brain works very quickly and differently. This video was very connected to me because my cousin has autism so it was very interested to watch the video about her. When I see him, he was different than my families. He focuses on only one thing for many hours and he has his own world in his mind. He draws same thing on his notebook for several hours. Because I do not see him very often, I thought he is very weird. However, after I watch this film, now I can understand his unusual actions. He is same as everyone else, but he has particular thinking skill. If I see him next time, it will be interesting to see him and I would understand him more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment