Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Connection : Mind book and art

Since I was 7 years old, I started to paint and draw. I love to paint someone else’s work or create my own. It has been only 3 weeks of taking Humanities, but I realized that art and humanity class are much related. When I paint or draw, I had to be very creative. Before I start a sketch, I brainstorm ideas, collect related pictures, and see other people’s work. I have to be unique and different from other people. I use a variety of materials and different techniques. When we do mind books in class, it is similar to works of art. The mind book does not have to be fancy or decorated with different colors, but they are similar in some ways. When I do the mind book, I have to think and brainstorm myself. I need creative ideas that will express my feelings, thinking, and opinions. It could be writing a story, writing poems, painting, or drawing. We can express our motions visually. The reason why I love to paint and draw is that the art work shows my personality. One piece of art can carry many meanings behind it. I think the mind book is going to be my personal story book like my art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment