Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change of mind: The dancers

I like to watch videos in the class. One day, I walked into English class, and Mr. Allen prepared to play a video for us. When he played the video, I saw two people dancing on the stage with some delicate music. When I watched it the first time, I was not paying attention, because I am not interested in modern dance. But after the video was over, Mr. Allen asked us a question. “What did you guys notice about this dance?” I was not sure what this question meant. At that moment, one girl raised her hand and said “Dance has a story.” I was confused when she said it, because I did not see any kind of story in the dance. It was just two people that were dancing, hugging, and spinning. After she said that, Mr. Allen played the video again. Because of what she said, I actually paid attention to the video that time. It was the same video that we watched before, but it seemed like a different video. It amazed me that I could see the dance in a different way. I could see the story in the dance. The girl wanted to leave, but the guy kept holding onto her and did not want let her leave. Also, the dance matched with the music, and the story. After, I saw it in a new way, I started to like this dance. It was fun to listen to the music and watch the dance at the same time. I realized that the two dancers were amazing and they tried to express everything with their body. Their body motions were gorgeous and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment