Saturday, May 14, 2011

iMedia: Failure


 

“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
               
                This is a famous Nike commercial. Michael Jordan said a few words, but I learned a huge lesson from these 30 seconds commercial.  Nowadays, teenagers want to accomplish what they want without trying hard. When I look at the famous people, I am always jealous of them and want to be like them in the future. I never thought about how much effort they put in their work to become famous in their field. Also, it looks like they just became really famous one day, but in their pasts, they had many failures. I remember someone saying, “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failures.” This commercial reminded me of this quote.
                I am glad that I saw this video before I left for college. I didn’t really experience huge failures in my high school career. I think there should be more things that I cannot always be successful. Sometimes I can make mistakes, or do something wrong, but I cannot just give up right away because I have to learn from them and persevere. I think sometimes people learn more lessons from their mistake and failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment