Monday, November 1, 2010

iMedia: Guatemala children

              
In Latin America History, we are learning about Guatemala, Ecuador, and some other developing countries. A few days ago, we did a computer lab activity and we searched for pictures of Guatemalans. I found many different pictures, but I liked this picture the most. I think this picture shows how Guatemalan children are living now days. I would never find this kind of sight in the United States. People would never find their food in the garbage dump on a daily basis.
                This picture personally moved me. I reflected upon my life through the eyes of this picture. I complain because I do not have an I-phone, a new computer, and clothes. Also, I throw away unfinished food. I regretted what I have done and I was ashamed of myself after I looking at this picture. Even though these children are living in poor condition and do not get enough food every day, they are smiling and they look happy in the picture.
                All teenagers in the Unites States should be thankful for the lives that they have. They might think their family is not wealthy, but compared to other countries in poverty, we should be thankful about what we have now. While we are throwing away our food and clothes, they are looking for food in the garbage dump.    

No comments:

Post a Comment