Monday, October 25, 2010

Best of Week : Born into Brothels

The documentary, Born into Brothels, was very shocking when I watched it in class. Through this movie I was able to see the daily lives of a group of children whose mothers work as prostitutes. I could not imagine how these children were able to live in a village of prostitution and I felt so much pity watching them. 
Watching these lively children and their poor surroundings made me think about how I am living a privileged life. They did not get any education, but helped their mothers’ work and house chores. I was very embarrassed myself because, even though I live in very wealthy surroundings, I always complain about my life and school. However, these children were happy and thankful to just have the privilege of taking pictures. This movie took me into another world. It’s not common to see their type of lifestyle in America. Through this movie, I became more interested to see different country’s cultures and lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment