Monday, November 29, 2010

Metacognition : A tribute to Aristotle

          I had kept piles of paper and schoolwork from last year. All the math, science, history, and English binders were placed on my shelves. I never had a chance to throw it away or organize them. I was kind of overwhelmed and did not know where to start. Before I organize my desk, room, and drawers, I felt chaotic and unfocused when I sat on my desk to study. Many post-it notes were taped in front of my desk and piles of books were stacked up.
          Since I had a lot of free time over Thanksgiving break, I promised myself to clean up my room. I threw away unimportant papers from previous years, took off all the posts-its on my wall, and threw away the clothes that I never wore, or will wear. It took a few hours to clean and organize everything, but in the end, I felt relieved.
          Now, I know where everything is located in my room. I donated my clothes and school supplies that I do not use. I have lots of extra space and I can focus more on my desk. I threw away all the stuff that distracts me. I do not know why I never cleaned my room before. I feel like my life is more organized. I will be easier to clean up next time becasue I already finished the hardest work. I think I should organize myself more and through away all the things that distract my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment