Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blogging around

                Ashley C. compared how her thinking changed from the first day of humanities class and the last day of the first semester. She expected easy and fun relaxing class but she was glad that she had chance to think in a new way through this class. She was glad that she took this class.
I had the same feeling as you in the beginning of the year. I thought I was the only one who was falling behind because I thought this class was different than other English classes that I took over last three years. However, I also think this class makes me to view the problems in different perspective. As I look around and look carefully, I found so many post-modern things and the “adjacent possible”. 

                Captured Thought: Walking in the Halls
          Adie L. was curious about what side of the hallways people in England walk? Since they drive on the left side of the road, she was not sure they walk in left side or right side. In U.S., it is normal to walk on the right side, but it is normal to walk in left side in England. She thought it was interesting thinking because it was outside the box to think about people with different culture.
          “I think this is very interesting question to think about. I also never thought about this. I am glad that you find the things that are outside of the box.”

No comments:

Post a Comment