Monday, January 31, 2011

Connection : Einstein's Dream and my life

Einstein’s Dream is one of my favorite books. It’s very interesting to read each chapter. Every chapter is a different story but they are all related to the topic of time. I have actually had similar thoughts to the author’s ideas in the book prior to when I read it. One of my favorite lines is ‘ the future can be changed, that thousands of futures are possible’ (68). Lightman was saying that the future can be change in so many different ways depending on the present.
This quote is directly related to my life. One of the reasons why I study and try hard in my life is because I am preparing for my future. Ten years later, I can be a totally different person depending on how much effort I put into my work now. I can be one of those people who get respect from everyone, or I can be a person who works for someone else for my entire life.  Since I cannot go back or forward in time, I cannot waste this time by doing something worthless. I want to make the year 2011 one of the most memorable times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment